TOPIC: Saturday racing

Saturday racing 9 years 5 months ago #319

• Silverback
B) Musings – Just because…

It has been many months since I last dared to muse but, as life slows down and my age grows, perhaps commit these thoughts to 0 & 1 (digital age).

Now this weekend numbers were good, considering. Exiles and ex-pats had all gone home to work or retreating. The water was much too cold for Demetris D. Our brave Commodore and Vice Commodore were feeling bold and I as I arrived at the club I was not feeling as bold but I had a new radial sail and I was determined to use it!

The die-hard cat sailors who now have surpassed my modest skill levels were rigging. Antonis had enlisted new member Mike, Yianni was going out single handed with just his mainsail. Andreas and Demetris were just going out for a BLAST!!

Now there was an unusual wind this day, large waves and a gusting wind force 4 from the direction of Famagusta. So deciding on a small sail, I can handle this. Those little blue markings on the radial sail had planted the seeds of doubt in our brave senior officer’s minds. Fatboy – small sail, he might be right, Yiannos had no choice (no small sail) but Brian decided to change. Racing, this should be fun…

Now Yiannos went out early and had stayed remarkably dry, although not too sure about gybing – just yet. “Oh! Yiannos” look its easy, with a small sail that is…But back to the racing, now I realised that the fatboy had made a mistake, to make up a skill shortage, depowering was the answer – this bordering on cowardice was my undoing as all I managed to do was come last. The high point in the afternoons sport was a choice. While sailing close to the Commodore the choice was; Capsize or hit ultimately victorious Brian on the head with my boom, I also did not want to get wet the water is chilly :evil: ….Normality!

Followed by a Barbeque what more could you want? Now about those warm showers… :whistle: .

Fatboy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saturday racing 9 years 5 months ago #320

• Vassilis
What a muse!..Is just like I've been there!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 2.402 seconds
© 2021 Famagusta District Sailing Club Begafigo. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanicals, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of Begafigo sailing club.